Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nanny on board

Some of you may have heard a little about our new nanny, but here's the full scoop...Nanny Megan is a super sweet girl who just moved to the OC from Kansas. We (Pat and I) call her Kansas. If you've read the blog posting about the nicknames you know that it's impossible for anyone to just be called by their given name in this house. We have yet to have the kind of funny or strange situation that usually results in a nickname with Megan and she doesn't do anything strange like only wear green socks or eat only blue food or something equally strange that would help us come up with a clever nickname, so we just call her Kansas (Megan, if you are reading this, really, we mean nothing by it, Pat just has a disorder that requires him to give EVERYONE a nickname. I'm sure you've noticed that Cooper is called by many names, none of which are actually Cooper :).

I met Megan on nannies4hire.com. We started talking via email and on the phone before she officially moved to California. Over the phone I felt like I had a good rapport with her and Patrick and I liked her as soon as we met her. I talked to a ton of people and we met a handful of candidates. Some were very strange others where fine, but not a good fit for us and others were just flaky.
Megan's been watching Coop a few times a week for the last month or so and officially begins her daily nanny duties Monday.

She's great with Coop and has taught me a trick or two already. She worked with a set of twins and a heard of boys previously, so one easy baby is a piece of cake for her! Please welcome the nanny to the family!


4 comments:

  1. yay. welcome, nanny kansas.
    also i am wondering what MY nickname is at the biolsi household. do i have one? elldub?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found someone you trust. Can't wait for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nickname!! I must say I like it! I also have to mention, I gave Cooper a new nickname the other day...."Squishy"... seems to fit him just perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on wondering what my nickname might be. You'll have to come clean.

    ReplyDelete