Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back at it

So, yesterday was my first day back at work. Albeit a short 4 hour day, but still, I had to leave little man and get back to it. So, Patrick and I were awaken at about 4:45 a.m. when we heard little man talking to himself. This is relatively normal -- he usually wakes up at about 5:30 a.m. and talkes to himself for a while and then goes back to sleep until 7 or 7:30 a.m. -- except Coop didn't know about daylight savings time, so for him it was 3:30 a.m., this is definitely not normal.

We let him keep talking to himself for a while until he started to get serious about his fussing. I got up at 5:30 a.m. to check on him and wouldn't you know it, he had turned himself around 180 degrees. When I put him to sleep the night before, his head was to the right and feet to the left. In the morning, head to left and feet were to the right. Anyway, I reinserted the binky and headed to the shower. Apparently he didn't go back to sleep because Patrick was feeding him when I got out of the shower a little before 6 a.m. Does anyone see the problem here? For little man it was only 5 a.m. and he's not supposed to eat until 7 or 7:30 a.m. That kid was all outta whack the entire day eating at weird times and taking crazy naps. However, he still went to sleep on schedule. He was out by 8:30 a.m. Huh.

This morning he was up and at it again at 5:15 a.m. Seriously? This is not working with my back to work plan. Luckily I was able to shower and get dressed before he wanted to eat at 6:15 a.m. And, yes, once again he had twisted himself around in the crib. Crazy kid.


So, my first day back at work wasn't as bad as most people thought it would be for me (have you no faith, people). Did I miss Coop? YES! Was it nice to talk to adults for a majority of the day and be able to use my actual voice vs. the high pitched voice I use with Coop that hurts my throat? Yes. Did GolinHarris feed us cereal and let us wear jammies to work to "celebrate" daylight savings time? Oh yeah...
That's me and the team (from left to right -- Lyndsey, JoLee, Catie and Candice). Yes, I know I'm hunched over weird. I don't know why I'm standing like that; Lyndsey looks extra tall in this pic; please note that JoLee is wearing footie jammies. For a full length pic, please visit Lyndsey's blog, One-Eyed Wonder - link on the right :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things went well...I was thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete