Monday, March 16, 2009

Catching up

What a week (and weekend)! I went back to work last Monday, March 9. As I said in my previous post, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Pat and I worked out our schedule (although he might need to move a touch faster in the mornings) and I got to work on time and made it through the day all week. It was on my way home Thursday, however, that it hit me. I only had about 15 - 20 minutes with Coop in the morning and as I drove home I realized I'd miss his 4 p.m. feeding and since I had an appointment with my trainer at the gym that night, I would alo miss his 7 p.m. feeding and only have about an hour with him in the evening. Sad. When I got home I found out from Nanny Kansas that his next feeding would be at 5 p.m. (sometimes he goes a little long based on his naps). YAY, I was going to get to feed him. As I went to get him out of his crib from his nap, the water works started. I couldn't control it. No way I was leaving him to go to the gym. So I skipped the gym and spent the rest of the night cuddling with little man. Ahhh, heaven! And, my friend April had her little girl Thursday, too, so that helped put a smile on my face.

Friday the 13th was a big day for me and Coop. Not only was it his 4 month birthday, we also had his infant screening and pediatrician appointment. We found out at the screening that he's spot on regarding his basic development. check. At the pediatrician he had to get his shots, which he did not like at all. The needle going in was fine, but once the meds started to make their way in, he was not a happy camper.

We also got to find out where Coop was on the size scale. His head is shaped perfectly -- no flat spots. Doc said I was doing a good job of not letting him lay on one side too much. I said he's a flippin' wiggle worm, it has nothing to do with me. He weighs 17 lbs. 1 oz. and is 26.5 inches long. He's in the 90th percentile for weight and length. I was worried I might get in trouble, that maybe Coop had one too many rolls on those chubby little legs.

My conversation with the doc went like this:
me: He's fat, huh?
doc: Ummmmm, yeah, he's a chunker.
me: Is he too fat?
doc: No, he's in proportion, so he's fine.
me: Sweet! I like him fat!

Saturday we went for family photos. We had a great time cuddling as a family and Coop was a champ giving us an hour and a half of his best smiles, squeals and happy faces. We get to look at our pics in about two weeks, I can't wait.

This Friday Uncle Bill comes to visit. Something tells me I'll have stories to share. :)
The photo below is a few weeks old, but I think it's hilarious and demonstrates just how fat my fat baby is! :)


1 comment:

  1. Sad that there were tears. I am sure he missed you as much as you missed him.

    ReplyDelete