Sunday, August 16, 2009

No More Fat Baby?

Friday was Cooper's nine month check up. He was just getting over a cold and has the remnants of an ear infection. Other than that, everything was fine...except apparently Cooper's too skinny! At 30.25 inches, he's in the 95th percentile for height [Dr. Mackey called him freakishly tall] but only in the 50th percentile for weight! He was 20 lbs. 11 oz. He should be closer to 25/26 lbs. I'm pretty sure that his weight is low because he didn't eat much while he was sick. However, I'm not sure he would have been at 26 lbs even if he hadn't been sick [he was closer to 22/23 lbs].

We had all noticed that Cooper had thinned out and chalked it up to him being active and mobile. Don't get me wrong, Cooper still got some extra meat on those thighs, but he's definitely not as chunky as he could be. Anyone who knows me knows I love me a fat baby. So, imagine how excited I was when Dr. Mackey told me to "fatten him up." YES! We go back in four weeks to recheck his weight. I'll keep you posted on my progress as I attempt to get Coop to full roly poly status.

{fat cooper}

{less fat cooper}

2 comments:

  1. coop is not a fat baby anymore?? that is surprising since you are obsessed with fat babies. time to get that kid hooked on milkshakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...this is too funny. And, I just told you a couple weeks ago how skinny he was getting :) Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete