Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Okay, I've been slacking on the blog front, but it's been a busy few weeks. Patrick's dad was in town then we were in NY then this past weekend was HUGE for Coop [more on that later]. This was my first Mother's Day as an actual mommy. I had made Patrick buy me Mother's Day cards when we just had dogs and last year when I was preggers, but this one was different. It was an actual holiday that I had always celebrated as some one's kid, but this time I was some one's mom. It might quite possibly be the best holiday ever now.



My darling husband, that I love dearly, isn't really known as a planner. He often goes shopping for me on Christmas Eve and is pretty happy when I shop for my self and tell him, "Honey, you got me this purse for my birthday." For Mother's Day he did good! He got me a ring with Cooper's birthstone [noting that they are stackable so I can get another one when we have another baby] and a pendant with a "C" for Cooper and his birthstone. I love it and have been wearing it everyday.

On the morning of Mother's Day, we were in NYC [I was there for biz and he and Coop tagged along to see Grandma and Grandpa Biolsi. However, I would have taken Coop with me anyway, no way I'm leaving that kid for more than 12 hours -- that's the longest I've been away from little man so far...and it sucked]. Anyway, as I laid in bed Patrick brought me Coop and we cuddled [I love that] and gave me my gifts. I was so impressed. I have the best little family ever. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great first Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute little family! wow, pat DID do a great job on the gifts. maybe fatherhood has changed him for the better, in gift-giving at least :)

    ReplyDelete